Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Werneckes return to Maui!

When I was first contacted by Caryn, I knew this photo session would be awesome! One my best and oldest friends from the mainland shares the same name and spelling. I had good vibes about this family right off the bat!

I met them out at DT Fleming Beach Park in Kapulua. I love this beach for several reasons: there is a long beach that is typically uncrowded, there's an interesting mix of regular trees and palm trees, and there are some wicked cool rocks down on the West end!

I had a blast with the Werneckes. It was clear who was calling the shots though: none other than little man Matthew. He just turned two and is just as precocious and particular as ever. Mom Caryn and Dad Jeff would coax him by saying "Hey Matthew! Let's go play in the water!" To which he would reply in a matter-of-fact fashion, "No. I stay here." We rolled with the punches and let him do his thing--I love it when parents let kids be curious and adventurous!


Check out those little shoes!


There was some big surf that day! Matthew enjoyed it, but also wanted to keep his distance!

Wow! What a great time I had with your sweet little family! Enjoy the rest of your Maui vacation! Mahalo mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment