Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Bennett-Gahan-Perez Family!

Yesterday I got to check something off on my photography bucket-list: taking pictures of these wonderful people! I met Mom Tiare through her parents (who I worked for for a summer at Ululani's Shave Ice) when she moved over here last year. Were were set up on a kind of blind date for couples which included a hike through a bamboo forest in Haiku. Luckily, it wasn't one of those awkward things where you have to pretend to like the other couple; we really got along! In fact, Dad Brent started working with my husband and has become a vital part of Maui Fire and Flood. Soon after I got to meet Mak (short for Makena) and Luke--who are some of the coolest kids on Maui.




As the sun was going down we went scrounging for some sticks to spell out family. It was Brent's idea; and I pretty awesome one if I do say so. Except I'm still trying to get a thorn out of my foot from my stick quest...

What can I say? I'm so lucky to have you four in my life (well, the six of you along with Ulu and David). You all make Maui feel more and more like home.



No comments:

Post a Comment