Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tanya and Shawn: A Maui Elopement

On Sunday I met Tanya and Shawn in Makena for a fun South Shore photoshoot. The two lovebirds got married on Friday night in Lahaina, but wanted some extra pictures to remember their elopement by. And oh, boy, was it fun!

Tanya and Shawn are from Illinois and like any good Midwesterner, they have a love for warm weather. So why not get married in Maui? Expansive beaches, clear blue water and the relentless sun; oh yes--there are so many things to love about getting married in Maui. And eloping? Gosh, if I could do it again...eloping would be very, very tempting.

They have a great chemistry, these two. Shawn rolled with the punches and Tanya got the creative juices flowing as she explained to me some of her ideas--and they were great ideas! I snapped an all-time record (for a portrait session) of 702 photos. Holy cow. But that tells you how great these two were to work with!


I was loving on that tattoo of hers!
Just look at those eyes!






 Once Tanya's dress got wet, it was all over. I couldn't keep the happy couple out of the surf! Of course, I wasn't complaining; these were my favorite shots from our session!

A big, big ho'omaika'i (congratulations) to you both! It was such a pleasure (and honor) to capture the special moments between you two on your wedding weekend. Aloha and happy travels back to Illinois!

No comments:

Post a Comment