Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Buswell Graduation Party

On Friday, I attended my first graduation party since I moved to Maui; and it was a blast! When I graduated, once upon a time, my parents set up a tent in the backyard, served chicken wings, and casually mingled with guests. I get the feeling things are different here in Maui!

As guests arrived, they were greeted by family and friends and asked to sign a large portrait of Venessa as her guest book. Once a majority of the guests had arrived (some from as far as Chicago!), Venessa made her grand entrance and gave a nice speech.

Venessa certainly is a talented young lady. She learned a hula dance to preform for her out-of-town guests, as well as two Tahitian numbers that made my jaw drop. How these girls can move their hips always impresses me. She even had members of the audience come up and participate as she attempted to teach them some Tahitian! They were great sports about it. Venessa concluded her portion of the party by presenting a slideshow she had created. There was always something going on a this party





The night was full of great food, provided by the wonderful folks at the King Kamehameha Golf Course, and excellent entertainment by Next Level Entertainment. Thank you Venessa and family for including me on this wonderful celebration! And congratulations on your graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment